“Thank you for your generous donations and your commitment to a worthy cause.”
This was the unanimous feedback of all 12 institutions which received a total sum of 60.000 € this year. In the last 13 years, we have been able to collect 681.272,90 EUR.
Our donation of 60.000 € is split up in the following way:
- Doctors for Ethiopia (St. Augustin) received 2.500 € to support logistics of relief goods.
- The “Ambulanter Hospizdienst Much e.V.” (Outpatient hospice care provider) that cares for children and adults with life-limiting conditions, received a check for 2.500 €. The money is desperately needed for training of additional volunteers.
- “Kinder- und Jugendhilfe Hollenberg”(children and youth welfare organization in Hollenberg, Lohmar) was gifted 5.000 € which go towards a new playground and fitness room.
- The “Deutsche Verkehrswacht Rhein-Sieg” (organization for road safety education) received 5.000 € to be invested into road safety education of first-graders. Every child in the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis who enters school receives a brochure with tips on proper behaviour in road traffic.
- The Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (charity organization devoted to emergency medical services and first aid) received a check of 5.000 € for its “Wünschewagen” project. They make the last wishes of people with terminal diseases come true – e.g., seeing the ocean for the last time or watching a game of your favourite soccer team once more.
- The “Forschungssternwarte für Schüler“ (Kids‘ observatory) in Waldbröl uses our donation of 5.000 € to introduce young people to science.
- The Deutsche Rote Kreuz (Red Cross) in Lohmar is in dire need of a new trailer to transport supplies in case of accidents etc. They received a check for 5.000 € from us.
- The “Kinder- and Jugendstiftung”(Children and youth foundation) in Hennef supports the early intervention project “Frühdolin” with our donation of 5.000 €.
- The “Ambulante Kinder- und Hospizdienst Rhein-Sieg“ (Outpatient hospice care provider in the Rhein-Sieg region) will make use of their 5.000 € donation to support the families of children and adolescents with life-limiting diagnoses in their daily life. Trained volunteers are on the families’ sides and support them from the moment they receive their diagnoses and if they wish, even beyond the passing of their loved ones.
- Our 5.000 € donation enables the “Kölner Klinik-Clowns” (Clown Care in Cologne) to send additional clowns into local hospitals to lift the spirits of critically ill children and adults.
- The “Lebensgemeinschaft Eichhof” in Much (rural assisted living facility) will invest their donation of 5.000 € into the construction of a playing field on their grounds for all the soccer fans in the community.
- According to tradition, the “Aktion Lichtblicke” (family relief fund) which is also supported by the radio station “Radio Bonn-Rhein-Sieg” receives 10.000 € from us. Those donations support families who have fallen on hard times through no fault of their own.
I would like to say thanks to all employees for their donations, personally and on behalf of management.
Norbert Fielenbach/HR Director